Unit 78 To Be Creating Concept Art Alex Barber

Unit 78 To Be Creating Concept Art Alex Barber

Client Brief

I have been tasked to create a 2D sci fi game I am tasked to create a 2D platformer maze game.
it will have mathematical elements to the game.



Own brief

even though the client has only given a brief on that its a 2D sci fi maze game with maths elements I will expand on it and add cell shading for the sprites concept art then I will use pixel art for the sprites ,buildings and objects the target audience for my game will be a PEG 16 not because of the maths questions it will have blood and gore but that's not all I will also be adding spooky jump scares with loud sounds but i will still keep to the sci fi theme.

Story

The story for my game the main character Andrew and his sidekick callum are in the year 2020 where humanity is trying to survive in a game of life and death and salvation they are on a maze game show full of monsters if they fail to reach the end they will be put into the electric chair only if they fall in a hole or fail the math questions at the end of each room however along the way they may loose each other along the way they meet friends in this maze one of those friends is Paddy and he he uses his Paddy power which is unknown at this point as you will find out as you play the game however there will be a secret ending which will give you a warning if you wish to proceed because of how graphical it will be. 

   this image is an example of how my textures of blood will be when you kill enemies as I've used it for inspiration for my game.
this is the sci fi armour my character will pick up in game it will use it as inspiration for my game.


Image result for sci fi weapons


these are some of the weapon inspirations ill use for my game as a heavy weapon.


Heads up Display


this heads up display is the type of style i will use for my game because it shows the health and power of both players which would be suitable for my game because it would have co op elements.

Game Engine  

  the game engine I will use is game maker game maker is a 2d pixel art game engine which runs certain events and you place sprites and covert them into objects to create events and change the timing of each event.
This image is a picture of what you can do to the sprite once you have convert into an object.

Gameplay Design  

Gameplay design for my game will be simpler to Scott Pilgrim vs the world game the idea and concept behind is the same with the boss and NPCs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding sound theory